Photo by Cydney Puro
Serving Size: 9 bite-size brownies
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ⅔ cup chopped dates
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ cup coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cayenne
- Soak the dates for ten minutes in warm water.
- Grind the walnuts in a food processor until they are a fine powder.
- Add the dates, strained well and pitted, and grind for 1-2 minutes .
- Add all other ingredients and blend well. When it is ready, the mixture will easily form shape when you roll it into your hands.
- Shape small 1-inch brownies, and top with coconut flakes or nuts, and put into the freezer for about 10 minutes or until firm.
- Brownies can be consumed immediately, or kept in the freezer for storing.